I made this a couple weeks ago for my lunch during the week, and my roomies and I loved it. It’s healthy and tastes great hot or cold (I actually threw the last of it over romaine lettuce with avocado; mmm delish). It’s so easy to make and can sit in your fridge for a couple days. Just be sure to go easy on the dressing until you know how much you like.
- half a bag of spinach or about 2 cups
- cup of grape or cherry tomatoes
- half a cup of spiced feta cheese
- mix a spoonful of olive oil with balsamic vinegar to equal a little less than ¼ cup when mixed together (I know this is vague, but eyeball it and see what you like; I love balsamic, but some might think this is too vinegary). You can also just use a pre-mixed balsamic salad dressing if you prefer.
- 1 cup of quinoa (cooked according to package)
- salt, pepper, and a small pinch of sugar
Cook the Quinoa according to the package. In the meantime, cut the tomatoes and measure out the cheese and spinach. Once the quinoa is finished cooking, transfer it to a container and add half the dressing and spinach, stirring frequently so the spinach wilts a bit. Let the spinach and quinoa cool; then add tomatoes, cheese, salt, pepper, and a small sprinkle of sugar. Stir and refrigerate for a couple hours or overnight. Finally, add salt and pepper according to taste and remaining dressing if desired. Enjoy!